MARILYN TARVER REAL ESTATE
RE/MAX Cross Country/Advantage II
1990 Justin Road, Suite A
Highland Village, TX 75077
(972) 317-9586 office
RE/MAX CROSS COUNTRY/ADVANTAGE II
(469) 396-5226 direct
(972) 317-9586 office
As a Realtor® in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex, I have a passion for helping individuals and families find the perfect home or sell one with memories and personal history. From diverse client-facing positions within Fortune 500 Companies to a 12 year flight attendant career, I am equipped with the
knowledge and "know-how” to provide you with an outstanding customer service experience. I have a caring spirit and excited to help others whether interacting with someone just looking for more information or those ready to walk hand in hand navigating the homebuying or selling process. My goal is to always Exceed Expectations!
BUYING, SELLING, RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY MANAGEMENT, RESIDENTIAL LEASING, APARTMENT LOCATING
PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK FOR THE IABS FORM (INFORMATION ABOUT BROKERAGE SERVICES)
IT WOULD BE AN HONOR AND A PRIVILEDGE TO ASSIST YOU IN YOUR REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS!
BUSINESS INNOVATORS RADIO INTERVIEW
Marilyn Tarver - Highland Village RE/MAX Realtor Demystifies the First time Home-buying Process
1477 Greenbrook Drive, Rockwall, TX 75032
ACTIVE LISTING $229,900
Rockwall, TX 75032
SOLD - 2/28/2019
Lots of character in this open-concept floor plan with lots of natural light!
Wood-burning fireplace may be enjoyed from living, kitchen and eat-in.
Enjoy and entertain your guest and watch the food at the same time.
My client wants her son to grown up around lots or animals.
I found just the right place!
12 Acres a stones-throw from the third largest lake in Texas!
HAPPY CLIENTS, HAPPY REALTOR! EXCEEDING EXPECTATIONS! CHECK!
IT'S BEEN A GREAT DAY! TIME FOR SOME ADULT BEVERAGES!
1476 Lemonwood Circle, Mesquite, TX 75149
ACTIVE LISTING $185,900
UNDER CONTRACT 3/30/2019
THIS IS A FANTASTIC STARTER HOME!
EAT-IN WITH THREE WINDOWS
Nice cabinetry w/pantry, granite countertops and stainless steel double-sink make this kitchen very functional. Eat-in area has three windows with an additional window over sink. A Kenmore Elite SS refrigerator with bottom freezer included with sale. (see picture at below)
Lots of windows and vaulted ceiling makes this room open and airy. French doors give a beautiful backyard view. Enjoy the wood-burning fireplace from almost every angle. Like-new carpeting, very nice ceramic tile, ceiling fans, and white faux-wood blinds throughout.
You can get creative with this area. This is a bonus room created from a converted 2-car garage. Area has central ac and heat, is very well rehabed, will make a nice media room, game room or den. NEW 50 gal water heater, roof and fresh paint interior/exterior.
RELAX AND ENTERTAIN
This home has a large semi-private backyard that backs up to a greenbelt. Enjoy cherry trees and a large shade tree making this area very inviting and calming.
KENMORE ELITE REFRIGERATOR WITH BUYER ACCEPTANCE
1707 Mesquite Valley Road, Mesquite, TX 75181
ACTIVE LISTING: 2.74 Acres $159,900
2.74 Acres of Residential Land. Close proximity to I80, I635, and I20 and 15 miles from Downtown Dallas.
Water, Electricity, Gas and accessible. Must go septic.
Owner has Survey and Platted Easement Info.
Owner has Engineering Site Documents for a 3500 sf home.
SOLD LISTINGS 2018
25.97 Acres of Unimproved Land in Bivins, TX
3 Bedroom 2 Bath + Den Home in Mesquite, TX
2 Bedroom 2 Bath Half-Duplex in Flower Mound, TX
I ASSIST WITH RESIDENTIALS LEASES TOO! THESE ARE A FEW.
1. ETHICAL TREATMENT
Every REALTOR® must adhere to a strict code of ethics, which is based on professionalism and protection of the public. As a REALTOR®'s client, you can expect honest and ethical treatment in all transaction-related matters. The first obligation is to you, the client.
4. EXPANDED SEARCH POWER
Sometimes properties are available but not actively advertised. A REALTOR® can help you find opportunities not listed on home search sites and can help you avoid out-of-date listings that might be showing up as available online but are no longer on the market.
5. NEGOTIATION KNOWLEDGE
There are many factors up for discussion in a deal. A REALTOR® will look at every angle from your perspective, including crafting a purchase agreement that allows enough time for you to complete inspections and investigations of the property before you are bound to complete the purchase.
7. A REALTOR IS YOUR ROCK DURING STRESSFUL MOMENTS
A home is so much more than four walls and a roof. For most people property represents the biggest purchase they'll ever make. Having a concerned, but objective third party, helps you stay focused on the issues most important to you
SEVEN REASONS TO PURCHASE A HOME
My Areas of Service and City Department Information
City Departments, Water Utility Service, Animal Control, Code Enforcement, Health Department, Human Resources, Sanitation, Streets, etc.
#helpfulinfo #cityservices #utilities #visitor #residents #mayor #citycouncil #311Services #JailInfo #ticketsandbonds #citycalendars
Note: When having an Open House, put away all jewelry, identification, prescription medication, wallets and purses. Personal items of value should never be accessible.
SELLING MY HOME
- What Can I Do To Make My Home More Attractive To Buyers?
- Are There Any Inexpensive Updates I Can Make?
- What Do Buyers Notice Most When They Are Shopping?
Making Your Home More Attractive
Making your home buyer friendly is very important. This means allowing the buyer the ability to visualize themselves and their furnishings in your space. There are certain things you can do to make this easier for them.
- Freshen up the paint. Stick with neutral colors.
- Another inexpensive improvement is light and electrical switchplates. They vary from the very simple to the extravagant, but tattered, worn or dirty ones stick out!
- If the carpet is bad, it is very difficult to ignore. Pet stains, and bad flooring is a tough sell. My free tip to landlords: Never replace carpet with carpet; use laminate or ceramic tile instead . This saves you from the possibility of replacing the carpet every new tenant or pricing low because of its condition.
- Old bathroom hardware can be a relatively inexpensive upgrade. Replacing old toilets, faucets, and upgrading lighting can totally transform a bathroom. Make sure that the tile and glass are clean.
- Curb appeal is the initial focal point of your home. Lawncare is a must when your home is on the market. Keep shrubs trimmed, lawn manicured, and plant a few flowers if possible.
- If you are occupying the property, de-clutter and keep the home showing ready (beds made, bathrooms clean, toilet seats down, no dishes in sink, counters clear).
- Prepare for the photoshoot. The camera magnifies clutter and poor furniture arrangement. A home that feels comfortable in person can look cluttered online and in photos.
- Removing one or two pieces of furniture from each room, even just for the shoot, can make your space look larger on screen.
- Try to include a healthy plant in each room; the camera loves greenery.
- Buyers who liked what they saw online expect to see the same home in person.
- Be open to allowing an Open House. A well-planned event will stir interest and bring in new buyers..
What Buyers Say To Realtors When Shopping
- OMG, that paint is horrible! Every bedroom is a different color. I simply can not work with this paint and I do not want to paint right away!
We tell buyers to not let the paint color on the walls distract them from the mission! Honestly, that is much easier said than done. My advice: Keep it simple with a single neutral color in every room with white trim. Also remember, a fresh coat of paint is one of the most appreciated and least expensive home improvements.
2. What is that smell? I'll bet there were pets here. I smell a cat! How will I get rid of that cigarette smoke odor?
A few very sensitive subjects are cigarette smoke, lingering food and pet odors. These are a few hurdles that a savvy REALTOR® will take under consideration when discussing with you.
3. Will they switch out the carpet or repair the flooring?
No matter how lovely the home, if the flooring is old or badly worn or stained, the buyer is going to want a concession. If possible, repair or replace before selling. It will pay off in the end and make your home much more attractive to buyers.
4. Are there any major repairs that need to be done? How old is the roof, HVAC and water heater? Have there been any foundation problems or repairs?
A savy REALTOR® will ensure those answers are readily available to buyers! Your home will be shown by several Agents with their clients. Making certain they have access to the same accurate data speeds up responses to their prospective clients and to the offer process.
Ready To Buy? Where Do I Start?
Where Do I Start?
- Preapproval Letter
- Find A Trusted Professional
- Automated Home Search
What Do I Need To Start Looking At Homes?
Before actively viewing homes it is vital to have obtained a Preapproval Letter. This document from a lender will show how much mortgage you have been approved to borrow. This letter is documented evidence that shows both Realtors and sellers that you are serious in your pursuit of a property. Ask plenty of questions and make sure you understand the home loan process. I am also able to refer you to a group of fantastic lenders, and in my opinion, some of the best title companies.
Find A Trusted Professional (Look No Further)
The Next Step Is Calling Me @ (469) 396-5226
How Does An Automated Home Search Work?
- I will have a conversation with you regarding exactly what you are looking for in a home.
- Think ahead about sales price, number of bedrooms/baths/garage, square footage and even zip code to be filtered to meet your criteria.
- Develop your wish list in order of importance; (most to least).
- Active properties that meet specifications will be emailed to you along with a picture of the structure and interior.
Special Loans For Homebuyers
Active, Reserves, and Veterans
Your job is to help others. Our job is to help you. From your first day on the job through retirement, when you're ready to consider buying, selling or refinancing a home we will help you get it done and save you money.
TEXAS DOWN PAYMENT ASSISTANCE
Region 1: Texas Panhandle Region 2: Dallas / Fort Worth Area Region 3: El Paso / West Texas Region 4: Austin / Central Texas Region 5: East Texas Region 6: San Antonio Area Region 7: Houston Area Region 8: South Texashttps://www.tsahc.org/homebuyers-renters/dallas-fort-worth-down-payment-assistance (Dallas/Ft. Worth)
CERTIFIED HOME PARTNERS AGENT
Rent It Today, Own It Tomorrow!
Discover a new path to owning.
If you’re not yet ready to buy a home now,
but will be soon,(MARILYN TARVER) and Home Partners of America have a great new option for you.
As a Certified Home Partners Agent, she will be able to explain the program to you and answer any questions. Give Marilyn a call today at (469) 396-5226!
INTERESTED IN DOING BUSINESS WITH ME? I AM HERE FOR YOU!
FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW AND WE ARE ON OUR WAY!
WHAT KIND OF DOCS ARE NEEDED FOR AN ASSISTANCE ANIMAL?
I manage a property with a no-pets policy. The landlord decided to lease to a hearing-imparied tenant who is requesting an assistance dog who happens to be a pit bull. The Homeowners insurance policy prohibits "vicious" breeds, including pit bulls. What happens in this situation?
The Texas Workforce Commissions' Civil Rights Division says that reasonable documentation has to be from a reliable party; a support group, caseworker, someone who has knowledge of the disability and the need for the disability-related accommodation. It can also be from a doctor, therapists or a marriage counselor.
What if another tenant files a complaint? Generally the landlord must grant a reasonable accommodation unless it imposes an undue financial or administrative burden on a housing provider's operations. According to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, if a housing provider's insurance carrier would cancel the insurance policy, substantially increase the costs of the policy, or adversely change the policy terms because of the presence of a certain breed of dog or animal, HUD will find that this imposes an undue financial and administrative burden. However, because the HUD investigator will research this if a complaint is filed, the landlord should find out whether comparable insurance is available without the restriction before denying the request.
TEXAS REALTOR, November 2018 edition